Oh, I got spoiled….
I received my box from Eleni from New Jersey this month. I was very excited to see how this box differed from last months. People taste in food fascinates me. I’ve come to realize that I eat so wrong compared to the rest of the world. But that’s a topic for a different day.
As I unwrapped my package this month I noticed a theme….Spreads…
This month I received…
1. Biscoff Spread – OMGoodness….It’s amazing! It’s cookies in a jar. I have never heard of this before. This is why I love Foodie PenPals! I enjoyed this so much I didn’t want to put it down. If you saw my recent Facebook post. This is what I couldn’t stop eating. I looked this up and realized it’s sold in local stores in my area! Who knew. I will continue to purchase this!
2. Larabar – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough I wasn’t too impressed with this one. It was good but tasted more like a protein bar. Not my favorite. This is more like something i’d carry in my purse for an on the go thing.
3. Obel – 1. Chocolate Peanut Butter 2. Chocolate These were very good. Light and crispy. Perfect midday snack.
4. Lion Bar – Made by Nestle This was good also. I am very partial to peanut butter when it comes to candy bars. But this was almost like a rice crispity, chocolatety, funky kit kat.
5. Nutella On The Go – Who doesn’t love nutella!
6. Justin’s Almond Maple Butter and Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Here it is again. Justin must be a special guy. These are everywhere in the foodie penpal world! Very good!
7. Cocoa Almond Spread I couldn’t stop dipping my pretzels in this stuff. I also enjoyed it on rice cakes. Puts some yum onto dry, bland, health crap!
8. Dark Chocolate Almonds Another perfect midday snack. Love ’em!
A big thanks to Eleni for getting my addicted to Biscoff spread! And for the wonderful well thought out box of goodies!
Interested? Here are the Guidelines
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.